On Wednesday 27 April 2022, HEPI is hosting its University Partners’ Policy Briefing Day, an invite-only event on higher education policy developments organised exclusively for HEPI Partner organisations.
This year’s event will be run as a hybrid event – with in-person places available at Broadway House and a number of spaces available online via Zoom.
Agenda (subject to change)
10.00am Introduction by Nick Hillman, HEPI Director
10.05am HEPI Report Briefing: spotlight on new HEPI reports (Nick Hillman to chair)
- Dr Alexis Brown, Director of Policy and Advocacy
- Dr Laura Brassington, Policy Manager
10.20am Questions / discussion
10.25am Embargoed presentation from Professor David Phoenix, Chief Executive of the LSBU Group, on a forthcoming HEPI report Holding Talent Back? What is next for Level 3?
10.35am Questions / discussion
10.40am What my experience in Whitehall taught me about HE policy (Dr Alexis Brown to chair)
- Professor Andy Westwood, Associate Vice-President for Public Affairs, University of Manchester
- Polly Mackenzie, Chief Executive, Demos
- Dr Diana Beech, Chief Executive, London Higher
11.05am Questions / discussion
11.20am Bridging the divide between the media and higher education institutions: why are universities caught up in the culture wars? (Nick Hillman to chair)
- Bethan Staton, UK education correspondent, Financial Times
- Will Hazell, Education Correspondent, i news
- Sian Griffiths, Education Editor, The Sunday Times
11.45am Questions / discussion
Further details, including how to book, are available here.
Please note this is an invite-only, free event for members of the HEPI University Partnership and HEPI Partnership Programme. For further information please email email@example.com