On Tuesday 13 December 2022, HEPI and the University of the Arts London are hosting an event to launch major new research on new HE funding options, produced by London Economics. The event will see the publication of important new modelling on alternative approaches to the current undergraduate fees and funding regime in England.
As the higher education sector continues to face demands to do more with less, is it time to look again at the future of student funding?
Commissioned to further the debate on what an alternative funding settlement for the sector might look like, this new research features different funding options, including a more progressive student loan repayment model as well as a new graduate tax.
The event will include a presentation of the key findings, followed by a keynote speech and a panel discussion with interested parties from the sector. Guest speakers to include:
- Gavan Conlon, Partner, London Economics
- Lord Willetts, President of the Advisory Council and Intergenerational Centre
- Professor Lorraine Dearden, Chair of Economics and Social Statistics, UCL
- James Purnell, President and Vice-Chancellor, University of the Arts London
- Vivienne Stern, Chief Executive, Universities UK
- Jonathan Simons, Partner at Public First and Head of the Education Practice
Guests are invited for registration and coffee from 9.30am with the formal proceedings starting at 10am and concluding by 12pm.
To confirm your attendance at the event, please register online at: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hepi-ual-event-on-the-future-of-higher-education-funding-tickets-464627542487