HEPI and Kaplan have commissioned London Economics to produce new figures for the costs and benefits of international students in the UK.
In the past, such data have not always been accepted by policymakers, especially in the Home Office, because they have ignored the costs of hosting so many international students. The HEPI/Kaplan research is different as it includes a calculation for the cost of international students alongside the benefits to produce a monetary figure per parliamentary constituency and for each member of the resident population.
It is hoped that the HEPI/Kaplan review will inform the work of the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) assessment of the social and economic impact of international students in the UK which is due to report to Government in the autumn of 2018.
Speakers will include:
- Paul Blomfield MP (Sheffield Central) and Shadow Minister (Exiting the European Union)
- Dr Gavan Conlon, Partner, London Economics
- Linda Cowan, Managing Director, Kapan International Pathways
- Maike Halterbeck, London Economics
- The Rt Hon Mark Harper MP (Forest of Dean) and former Minister for Immigration (2012 to 2014)
- Nick Hillman, HEPI Director (Chair)
- Professor Shearer West, Vice-Chancellor, University of Nottingham
This seminar is invite-only and requires a guest registration password to book.
For further information please contact Emma Ma at [email protected].