- HEPI number Policy Note 7
In this new Policy Note, Dr Diana Beech, HEPI Director of Policy and Advocacy, summarises our 2017/18 work stream with PwC and examines the main strategic challenges facing universities in the current political climate.
It identifies a pressing need for universities and colleges to come together to:
- learn from each other’s experiences in the global context;
- identify common challenges;
- develop appropriate fixes; and
- present a collective voice in the sector against current political sentiment.
It also reaffirms the imperative for higher education institutions to:
- ensure they make a real difference on the ground in other parts of the world;
- ensure challenges specific to different institutions do not get lost in the general policy debate;
- develop appropriate strategies for success; and
- get ahead in an environment of increased competition.
This Policy Note was produced for release at the HEPI 2018 Annual Conference, which took place on Thursday 7 June at PwC, Embankment Place, London.