This HEPI / London Met webinar brought together leading voices and insight from universities and local government to look at the role of universities in their local communities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Chaired by Nick Hillman, the Director of HEPI, the discussion was led by:
- Professor Lynn Dobbs, Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive of London Metropolitan University
- Councillor Janet Burgess MBE, Mayor of Islington
- Lord Bob Kerslake, Former Chair of the Civic University Commission
- Shakira Martin, Former President of the National Union of Students (NUS)
- the Rt. Hon Justine Greening, Co-founder of the Social Mobility Pledge and former Secretary of State for Education