The Higher Education Policy Institute (HEPI) exists to encourage a healthy higher education policy debate rooted in evidence. Rather than taking one side or the other on the European question, we hope to encourage well-informed debate as the referendum approaches. To this end, we have worked with a market research company that specialises in questioning students, YouthSight, to uncover:
- students’ views and depth of feeling on the EU;
- their likelihood of voting in the referendum;
- whether 16 and 17-year olds should be allowed to vote;
- students’ preferences on how universities should act in the referendum campaign;
- their views on the current student finance rules for students from the EU; and
- their opinions on the Prime Minister’s renegotiation on the terms of UK membership.